Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pretty....





...Bad.

This was the first batch, and this weekend I finally cracked open a jar and goodgawd are they B-A-D.  Embarrassingly bad.  Really hoping the next 3 batches I made weren't that bad.

My mother will say, "well, they weren't very crispy but they tasted fine".  They were rubber!  How can you even detect a flavor after that texture??!!

Thankfully, my dear Brother happened to be here, and he ate the whole jar in one sitting.  I've never known anyone who loved pickles so much ... I can only conclude he would eat anything in pickle brine.

Except maybe those peas... I'll save that for another time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll eat anythig pickled--that was how I got so I liked black olives. My roommate (Linda from france trip) pickled a whole bunch of things, including black olives, and I've liked them ever since.

Don't think that would work for Matt, though, as he's decided black olives are death.

Mom

Mom