Sunday, October 24, 2010

Basement plans

Winter is approaching, and we will sorely miss having the ability to kick the boys outside to get their energy out (well, we can try, but they are not the most winter-loving of Minnesotans).  Eventually we will get the basement finished so that it can be the kid/tween/teen hangout.  Step 1:  getting a plan.

Here's the first draft!

I think I like it!  There is a bathroom behind that fireplace/tv unit.  Next step:  bring in an HVAC guy and get the space more adequately heated.  We won't be ready for this winter, but now that we are making wall placement decisions we can at least start picking away at it.


I hate to admit it... but right now there is a dead mouse by the furnace.  I don't want to go clean it up.  I'm pissed that its there after all the money we spent on de-mousing.  But, the nights are getting cold, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.  There is a downside to this wooded wonderland...  hopefully the new basement will seem less appealing to the little vermin than the current unfinished space.  Yeah, I know, that's ridiculous.

No comments: