Monday, October 25, 2010

Blame it on Project Runway

They wanted lounge pants.  

I don't like to sew, but about every 10 years I break out my very nice sewing machine (thank you parents), and give it another go.  So, sure, I'll try some lounge pants.

Saturday night I cut the fabric (polar fleece)

And Sunday after taking bigT to the airport busted out the sewing machine, and re-learned how to use it (walking foot and all).  littleT's pants were first, and A-man's pair went decidedly quicker. The pants were very well received by the recipients, who insisted on modeling them runway style.




They don't look so bad in motion, but, I am a horrible seamstress and have purposefully not included any closeup pictures.  But the boys are happy.  and contemplating what they want next.  I would say it would take another 10 years to get me to make something else, but my good friend Maya has gotten the sewing bug, so I might continue to practice with her on Sunday nights.

No comments: