Wednesday, October 27, 2010

in MN winter begins at Halloween

I hate that.  It really makes me miss Boston.  I will try to focus on the positive, like the fact that the new house has a wood stove that will make winter cozy (assuming we can make it work).

This year we are going for homemade costumes.  littleT wants to be a rock star, and that should be doable.  In fact, it should be quite interesting to see what the dude comes up with if we cut him lose in Target for costume development.  A-man wants to be a basketball.  I see a trip to JoAnns and lots of orange flannel in my future.  I'm a little more nervous about that one coming together!

Here are a couple pics from our first Halloween in MN:


Time to face the day and this weary weather (ok, that's kind of funny given I faced my day by giving a 7am seminar, r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s).  

I'm going to try and remember that A) I decided to become a scientist while doing experiments as an undergrad during the infamous Halloween Blizzard, and B) this marks the beginning of the "serious season" (so dubbed by a colleague of mine).  I am in need of a serious and productive season, so here goes!

No comments: