Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The porch



I did not expect it to be my favorite part of the house. But it is. Not that there aren't other parts that I love, but this is the best. When I am sitting out here I rarely think "I really should go do ------". Somewhat surprising as it looks out onto a very untame mess that could use some attention. But instead, it just feels like vacation.

The previous owners left us three rather worn wicker chairs, two kinda lame side tables, and a too narrow coffee table. Last spring I added two red Ikea Poang chairs.



... and a new rug and new cushions for the wicker chairs. This spring we've added a small tv to watch baseball on in the evenings.

It could be nicer, but I don't want it to be. I like it just the way it is. (well, it could use a heat lamp to extend our season... next year!).


2 comments:

JFibers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JFibers said...

Nice... I'm hoping to someday add a screened-in porch to our new house too... someday....
(sorry about the first post... spelling error!)