Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pumpkins

Ok.  'rents, don't be mad.  I know you were here for 4 days and *extremely* helpful with the mayhem.  But, I inadvertently made this once you left.  That is very uncool.  Although perhaps it happened because someone left the pumpkin mess on the counter (with so many bodies, I don't know who!).  If they had been left on the table, or tossed out, it wouldn't have happened.  But, there it was when I got home, so I cleaned them and roasted them and they are good.  If you come next year I will roast them for YOU to eat while we are out on the candy grab.

I surely have a weeks worth of posts related to Halloween!  But here, pumpkins.

We were supposed to carve the dumb things the weekend before... as a get-together with another family.  Of course, once I bought all the pumpkins said get-together was canceled due to illness.  And carving pumpkins at our house falls under the D-A-D category, so they sat on the stoop all week waiting for his return from Korea.

Here is the jet-lagged Dad doing the carving thing on Halloween:
Yes, even though he almost cut off his finger 3 weeks ago, he is still in charge of knife activities.  I'm that bad with a knife.

Man, this post is very non-linear.

A-man picked the mutant pumpkin.  Good choice, with that cyclops action and all.  BUT, the trait that led to bumps apparently also led to uncarvable skin.  This was not happy for A-man.  He got over it.
littleT was quasi-forced into scooping out his pumpkin (like his paternal grandmother, HATES having messy hands)
The end product!  (well, not really, those roasted seeds are then END)



Anyone else notice that I never talk about yarn?  it says I will, but I never do.

No comments: