Friday, November 19, 2010

A crafty exchange

I hate to sew, but I love to knit.  I wish I liked to sew (or that I was good at it, but I'm not).

My mother-in-law hates to knit, but loves to sew (and is a fantastic seamstress).

So, we make stuff for each other.  The latest gift giving (I love that both are work-in-progress pictures, even though they are done):

Socks for Connie.  A CookieA pattern in Cherry Tree Hill yarn, probably the best ones yet.  I started them on the Japan trip.  I will make another pair for sure. (sadly not while in Japan)

Qulited wall hanging for the new house.  Its stunning.


What's next?  I'm not sure.  We're both in the thick of Christmas gift making for others, but I'm sure something is on the other side of December.

2 comments:

Maya, Mieko and Hana's Mom said...

Beautiful job! You are both very talented.

JFibers said...

Beautiful!