Monday, June 7, 2010

This is the yarn for my new house

Unsure where to begin, I will begin here.

Our new house is beautiful, trending modern, and worthy of nice things.  And, in the short 6 weeks we've been here, we've managed to fill it with our favorite things while keeping everything else in boxes. And, while I am not missing the stuff, I am bothered by the thought the basement mice might be making it *their* stuff...  I'm also concerned about whether I can keep my lovely new house clutter-free as that would be fighting a strong genetic trait. 

And then there is the part where I can't get enough Noro Silk Garden, it's woolly-silky-wonderful, with dreamy colors.  It would be impossible to knit something ugly with it.  It is decidedly too nice for a house full of boys, and I don't care, because the house has to have it.

So, in the midst of moving-mayhem my LYS (local yarn store) had its annual sale, and 20 skeins later I am on my way to a new afghan.  Its colorway 284, and its gonna go great with the art and couchoid (more on those another day).  And with this wonderful Japanese indulgence I will make this (pattern by Liz Ungar):  http://www.flickr.com/photos/30848607@N03/2887939959

I have been crazy enough to make a silk garden afghan before, a 40th wedding anniversary present for my parents (and fair-worthy I am proud to add).  At the time, it was too nice for my house, but not any more.  My rocking new house is getting its own Noro luxury.

No comments: